Monday, April 05, 2010

The Beginning of my Tail

I was born in Pomfret, CT.  I had a lot of brothers and sisters.  When I got to my new house I had 4 new sisters to learn how to live with!  The first few weeks week were a little stressful.  Most evenings my parents found me by 7:00 upside down in my crate snoring.  Its very tiring when you are a young labrador puppy, sleep is important!

Everyone wonders where I got my name from.  My parents were married just before they brought me home at a restaurant called Zenny's.  They thought it would be a sign of good things to come!  Its a nice name, no one else has it!  And it ended up being the perfect name for me because I am very "zen" like. 

My first 2 years of life my mother tried to convince me that I would like to do the things my sisters do.  Agility, hiking, obedience work, spending every waking moment looking for stuff to do.  I did my best to convince my mother that I was DIFFERENT! 

She got it, finally.  I take life slowly and methodically.  I LOVE to sleep in, while everyone else is up and about at 6:30AM.  What is with that????  I love to sit on the hill and enjoy life, smell the roses, "read the paper" so to speak.  Whats wrong with that?  Nothing I say.  And FINALLY my mother got it.  Sometimes humans are a little slow. 

Now, I get to sleep in, I enjoy wondering the yard for hours and sleeping in the shade of the garage.  I get to hike and play in water.  I sniff, and sniff, and sniff.  What fun, you should try it! 

And finally my mother and I found something to do together that we LOVE (other then hiking that is).  My new job is being a Therapy Dog and letting other folks enjoy my mellow personality and smile at my very majestic head.  Its a tough job, but someone has to do it. 

Read on, I'll tell you how I became a therapy dog, and share with you my travels and tails.

No comments:

Post a Comment